Sunday, September 30, 2007

Morning Devotion - Why the World Needs A Superhero

I was watching the movie Superman last year, and one of the scenes caught my attention. It was one where Lois Lane was writing an article entitled: Why the world needs Superman. And it really got me thinking – Why is it that we need superheroes?

Well, I gave it some thought, and this is what I’ve come up with.

In today's troubled world, perhaps many of us would want someone we can look up to, someone we respect, someone with great ability, and in a sense someone ‘super’. The list of superheroes is virtually endless: Superman, Spiderman, Captain Planet, perhaps? Or even the Powerpuff Girls.

Perhaps it is the human nature in us, that when faced with the stresses and problems of life, we would wish we had the power to make things easier for us. After all, who wouldn’t want to possess the power of flight, so that we can come to school in style, avoiding the morning rush-hour traffic in the process? Or with super-speed to complete all our tutorials, or even finish the marking of exam scripts in minutes?

All these, would then demonstrate the insecurities of Man. We are afraid of what we cannot do. After all, we are human. We have our limits. And more often than not, we are stretched to those limits. It is also during these times of need that we would cry out to God. The times where we cannot accomplish things on our own – where we would seek help from a greater power. In trying times that I’ve been through, there was no Superman, no Batman, no Spiderman who came to my rescue. It was always the hand of God that has lifted me up.

This actually made me wonder, if superheroes were actually modelled after someone real? If it is, then I would think that there is no other man but Jesus. He is the very person who died to save us. He brings us comfort in the night, he gives us assurance through the storm. I rejoice in Him, for He has brought me life. I give thanks to Him, for he is my provider, my ultimate superhero.

And of course, God has placed many human heroes around us. People who are able to complete seemingly impossible tasks or overcome insurmountable odds. These are friends, teachers, seniors – anyone – whom we look up to, they are people who inspire and influence us.

So if there is anyone who has in fact impacted you, I would encourage you to walk up to that person, and let him, or her know that he’s your hero. I am sure, that even heroes will need words of encouragement!

With that being said, what about the rest of us? Have we thought about being heroes ourselves? Certainly, we do not need to possess any superpowers to be able to inspire others, nor would we need any special skills to be able to touch lives. All we need, is to have a sincere heart.

The bible tells us that
The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart. Colossians 3:23-24 also reads: Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

So, would we then, heed His call to be Salt and Light of the World – to let our light shine before men? All we need to do, is to give of ourselves, and to open up our hearts. And in doing so, we will become heroes in our very own right.

43 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really Interesting. Thanks for the Details. I enjoy your site.


my homepage xerox phaser 8560 manual

Anonymous said...

hello there and thank you for your information – I've certainly picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise some technical points using this site, since I experienced to reload the site many times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I'm complaining,
but slow loading instances times will often affect your placement
in google and can damage your high-quality score
if ads and marketing with Adwords. Well I'm adding this RSS to my email and could look out for a lot more of your respective exciting content. Ensure that you update this again soon.

my web blog :: xerox 8560mfp\/d

Anonymous said...

I leave a response each time I like a article on
a site or I have something to contribute to the discussion.
Usually it's triggered by the passion communicated in the post I browsed. And on this article "Morning Devotion - Why the World Needs A Superhero". I was moved enough to drop a thought :-) I do have a couple of questions for you if you usually do not mind. Could it be just me or does it give the impression like a few of the comments appear like they are left by brain dead visitors? :-P And, if you are posting on other places, I would like to follow you. Would you list all of your social sites like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?

Stop by my site ... Private cloud

Anonymous said...

You can find noticeably a substantial amount of cash comprehend this.
I suppose you get distinct nice points in functions also.


my website :: ,cheap Costume earrings uk

Anonymous said...

I'd keep personally!!

Here is my blog post :: ,cheap earrings with free shipping

Anonymous said...

Very soon this web site will be famous amid all
blog visitors, due to it's pleasant articles

Check out my web site :: viewdetails

Anonymous said...

Definitely believe that that you stated. Your favourite reason appeared to be at the web the easiest thing to bear in mind of.
I say to you, I certainly get annoyed whilst other people consider issues that they just do not
recognize about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the top as well as outlined out the whole thing with no need side-effects , other
people could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more.
Thanks

Feel free to surf to my web blog; ink for xerox phaser 8560

Anonymous said...

This is a good short article regarding Postscript limitcheck errors.
I do have one inquiry, nevertheless. You point out not to print making use of a printer line.

Could you explain your reasons?

my website ... xerox phaser 8560 ink

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's what I was exploring for, what a material! existing here at this blog, thanks admin of this web page.

Take a look at my web site xerox 8560 phaser

Anonymous said...

See, now We're reminded why Someone said your site.

Feel free to visit my web blog :: http://pwg.pirateparty.org.au/profile_hollisrpfwsshar

Anonymous said...

I uncovered a great number of interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion.

From the plenty of comments on the articles, Maybe I'm not really alone having all the enjoyment here! carry on the excellent work.

Feel free to visit my page: ,jewellery discount shop

Anonymous said...

I ԁo not knοw іf it's just me or if perhaps everybody else experiencing issues with your website. It seems like some of the written text on your posts are running off the screen. Can somebody else please provide feedback and let me know if this is happening to them too? This may be a issue with my browser because I've had thіs hapрen previοuѕly.
Aρprеciаtе іt

Αlso ѵiѕit my blog; create new facebook page

Anonymous said...

Love the Africa Map pendant!

my webpage :: Handmade Silver Jewellery

Anonymous said...

Yes! Finally something about mesothelioma.

Also visit my weblog: http://livepost.com.au/user/profile/johnkelse/

Anonymous said...

Right? U better find them before she blows up!

Also visit my page; ,cheap Bridal earrings

Anonymous said...

Ways to Download hp laserjet 1020 driver for home windows 7 from internet?


my web blog - xerox phaser 8560mfp

Anonymous said...

Can you wear pewter and star together, or will the silver discolour?

I enjoy your jewelry, so beautiful and orginal.

my web blog ... danon jewellery fashion jewelry

Anonymous said...

Is 300 dpi the minimum need for all prints?

Here is my site; xerox phaser 8560 maintenance kit

Anonymous said...


Hey there Phil,.

Have a look at my web page blog.djarumbeasiswaplus.org

Anonymous said...

It's very straightforward to find out any matter on web as compared to textbooks, as I found this article at this web page.

My site - hultquist copenhagen

Anonymous said...

Anywhere that sells jewelry. You obtain a pair and only play one.
In case you decide you would like something nice stop at local jewelry store, I'm sure we have now sold single studs to guys with emeralds, rubies or diamonds.

Stop by my web site; ,cheap earring studs

Anonymous said...

I was suggested this web site by my cousin.
I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my difficulty. You're amazing!
Thanks!

my blog post: hultquist jewellery uk

Anonymous said...

My brother suggested I might like this website.
He was entirely right. This post truly made my day.
You can not imagine just how much time I had spent for this information!

Thanks!

My weblog - xerox 8560 black

Anonymous said...

I am really grateful to the owner of this web page who has shared this
wonderful paragraph at here.

my blog LG 42LS5600 TV

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered about adding a little bit more than just your articles?
I mean, what you say is important and all. But think about
if you added some great graphics or videos
to give your posts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but with
images and video clips, this blog could undeniably be one of the most beneficial in its niche.
Wonderful blog!

my blog :: xerox 8560 maintenance kit

Anonymous said...

A major thank you for your article.Many thanks.
Fantastic.

Here is my homepage; ,cheap nice earrings (webstatscheck.com)

Anonymous said...

Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your
content seem to be running off the screen in Firefox.
I'm not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with browser compatibility but I figured I'd post to let you know.
The layout look great though! Hope you get the issue
fixed soon. Many thanks

Here is my blog: hultquist jewellery london (https://hultquistjewellery.jux.com)

Anonymous said...

Ah, have no idea exactly how I skipped that concerning the version variety.
Though the comical point is that the anonymous vehicle driver on the ML-1210 web page is also version 3.
01. Anyway, I will certainly update the article to make this a bit even more
clear.

Have a look at my web blog ... xerox phaser 8560 printer []

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan! Apparently only a few tips are the same Mollie, having numerous soldering experience (both jewelry and stained glass) tells me iron-clad
tips are durable and will last a lifetime, but
that other tips easily get corroded and damaged. Some Weller tips are iron-clad,
others aren't. The ammonium chloride is corrosive, so without that factory-applied iron-clad tip, it may damage. I really hope this info helps even now opt for fun to have trouble with tools for those who have art in making!

My website: danon jewellery ltd

Anonymous said...

Hey I am so grateful I found your website, I really found you by accident,
while I was researching on Aol for something else, Regardless I am here now and would just like
to say cheers for a fantastic post and a all round entertaining blog
(I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to browse it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I
will be back to read more, Please do keep up the superb b.

Feel free to visit my website: LG 42LS5600 Review

Anonymous said...

A highly skilled share! I've just forwarded this onto a friend having been conducting a little homework on this. And he the fact is bought me breakfast because I discovered it for him... lol. So allow me to reword this.... Was looking for meal!! But yeah, many thanks chilling to debate this subject here for your website.

Here is my page :: ,Jewellery Discount Shop

Anonymous said...

Hey there this is kind of of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or
if you have to manually code with HTML. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding know-how so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also visit my page ... pilgrim jewellery denmark (http://journals.fotki.com/dar41444mc/liam-ballinger/entry/rskftkgrsbwq)

Anonymous said...

Some genuinely interesting information, well crafted and broadly intuitive .


Also visit my homepage - danon jewellery fashion jewelry

Anonymous said...

Greetings,
Am using Hp LaserJet 1018 printer for my
Mac book pro. Really am made use of home windows xp previously to my unit.
Now it is updated with Mac OS X Snow leopard.
Here is a problem with drivers that not able to work well with the system.


Here is my homepage; xerox phaser 8560 ink

Anonymous said...

I located something that operated! Thanks for your
article ...

Feel free to visit my site: Xerox phaser 8560 ink (dsumin.ru)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen! Its exactly as you happen to be describing, There's no doubt that just adding blobs of solder as opposed to smoothing them flat. Some might be soldering ball chain around the edge, and covering it which includes a layer of solder (very hard to learn without seeing precisely what you're seeing!

).
This wavy-edge foil tape which a good choice for making fancy frames.
Hope this will assist! Cindy

Look at my blog post; handmade silver jewellery (www.glejme.com)

Anonymous said...

I was actually amazed to check out that this teamed up with a Lexmark, but I Googled the E210 and it looks practically
similar to the Samsung ML-1210 ... So I guess there are some inter-manufacturer similarities that I was not aware of.



Feel free to surf to my web page: xerox phaser 8560 ink

Anonymous said...

Your jewellery is gorgeous liked and shared your page and Jon Richards facebook page.


Here is my web page :: silver jewellery ()

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my zynga group?
There's a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Cheers

Here is my webpage ... xerox 8560dn

Anonymous said...

I rеally lіke уour blоg.. ѵеrу nіce сolors & theme.

Dіd you makе this websitе yourself or ԁid
you hіre sοmeone tо do it for yοu?
Plz reply as I'm looking to design my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. kudos

Feel free to visit my web blog :: facebook homepage login (webuser.hs-furtwangen.de)

Anonymous said...

Thanks functioned initial time!

Review my web-site xerox phaser 8560 maintenance kit

Anonymous said...

Excellent web site. A lot of helpful info here.
I'm sending it to several buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious. And of course, thanks on your effort!

Feel free to visit my website - xerox 8560mfp driver

Anonymous said...

Spot on with this write-up, I honestly believe this website needs
a great deal more attention. I'll probably be returning to read through more, thanks
for the advice!

My homepage; http://customercare.geonaute.com/entries/28446712-Have-You-Heard-Personal-Ads-Is-Your-Best-Bet-To...